Seller’s Pre-Closing Checklist
You have decided to list your home for sale. Congratulations, now call Julie
Antunes 480-225-0007 and/or Lisa Nocella 480-662-9959 to help during this very exciting time.
First, compile a list of repairs and projects you will have to do to get your home ready to sell.
- Factor in closing costs, expect to pay about 7 to 9% of the home’s sale price.
- Factor in costs of repairs, projects and staging.
- Factor in moving expenses.
- With Julie and Lisa’s help, set the price of the home.
- Prepare documents relevant to an interested buyer i.e. prior year’s tax bill, annual utility bills, permits for additions, floor plans, pools, etc.
- Prepare list of items to be included/excluded from the sale.
- Complete the repairs and projects.
- Once the home is staged and ready to go live, Julie and Lisa will implement the marketing plan discussed at first meeting.
- Upon receipt of an offer, Julie and Lisa will negotiate for the best price and terms, working hard on your behalf.
- Once offer is accepted, anticipate buyer’s inspections and repair requests.
- If applicable, inspection report to be reviewed, responded to and negotiations completed.
- Make repairs and gather appropriate receipts.
- Call movers to reserve date.
- To terminate service call utility and other vendor companies two weeks prior to closing.
- Redirect your mail.
- Sign documents at title company three days before closing or sooner.
- Except for lock-box key, gather all keys – mailbox, door, storage area, etc., fobs and gate codes, garage door openers, warranties and leave in drawer in kitchen.
You have sold your home and are on your way to your new destination!